In June 2023, Sustainability for Housing (SfH) launched its 2nd Annual Review report which includes feedback on the Standard from HA and funder adopters, and analysis of how the SRS has been used.
The report demonstrates the value of the SRS to the sector, as the number of Housing Associations that have produced ESG reports during the year increased by a third.
A poll, based on feedback from 84 organisations, found:
- All funders believe the SRS has the potential to encourage more finance into the sector
- 59% of housing providers said they were not asked for additional information from lenders beyond their SRS data
- Two-thirds of funders said the SRS helped them support housing providers in achieving favourable financing terms
- Almost a third of HAs believe the SRS helped them obtain ESG-linked finance
- 84% of housing providers who reported against the SRS found it easier this year than the previous one
- The SRS accelerated the implementation of planned ESG actions for 57% of respondents
- 63% of funders using the framework believe it has strengthened their relationship with HAs, leading to more in-depth discussions on specific ESG measures and targets.
SfH’s believe the Standard has a role to play in helping to tell this story.
We exist to steward the SRS, but we work in your interests and will respond to your needs.
SfH encourages you to stay engaged and involved, to have your say and shape the Standard for the good of the sector and its stakeholders.
To read the full report, click here.
The 2022 ‘One year in, the story so far’ report is available here.